Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blustery Day!

Greetings from another "blustery" day here in Washington!

11 more days until Christmas... and

  • No, the stockings aren't hung by the chimney with care (considering we don't have one)
  • The children aren't nestled snug in their bed either
  • Sugar-plums ~ are those plums that are sugared or sugar that is plummed~ anyways, they aren't dancing in their heads or anyone elses for that matter
  • And the only thing close to a 'clatter' I hear is the sound of "ginormous" raindrops raining horizontally against my windows.
Okay, okay so I haven't yet marched up to the attic to haul down all the boxes marked "Christmas", and I haven't yet begun to think about holiday baking or christmas cards or shopping - what' s the rush right? I have at least 10 more days.

But I have enjoyed practically every radio station playing "continuous Christmas favorites" and every house with twinkly lights and every holiday themed movie we have in our DVD collection, so that's got to count for something!

Well, I've been a little pre-0ccupied with a Christmas dinner party for 30 I catered last weekend and a quilt project (3 lap size quilts) due before Christmas ~ did I mention I just started 2 weeks ago - again, what's the rush right? Goody for me I work great under pressure.

So, for now...Merry Christmas to all and to all a good-night!

0 comments: