Thursday, January 11, 2007

Calgon...take me away!

As if ice in November and an extreme power outtage in December wasn't enough!!!

Last night in less than 2 hours it dumped 5+ inches of snow allowing the boys yet another day out of school.

Well, what does one do when they have no school/work for the day???
It's called suicide sledding!

Hike 2 blocks up hill
Take 1 long hard plastic, yet durable sled
Place 2 of your dear loved ones on top of it and push.

Now here is the part where you pray, as you pick up speeds that should be outlawed on a toy while crossing traffic streets (of course without the cars) and dodging parked cars hoping not to lose any body parts in the process. My boys call this "FUN!" I will have to admit I too had a blast doing it.

Between snowsuit on ~ snowsuit off ~ dry boots ~ wet boots ~ dry gloves ~ soaking wet gloves ~ "I'm cold" (through teeth chattering) ~ "I'm hungry" ~ "I can't feel my fingers, toes, arms, legs, nose" ~ Whew! I need a nap.

So...for now I give into the chaos, put another pot of coffee on and enjoy the day with my family in our Winter Wonderland.

1 comments:

@lice said...

I am anticipating with you the arrival of Abigail. I am certain that this little girl will be loved and cherished by you. I know a little bit about adoption paperwork, locally at least, so I sympathize with you on that one. But I know that the first time you hold Abigail, all of the frustration from the paperwork will be gone. I can't wait!!! Alice