Thursday, February 07, 2008

An Incredible Day!

Happy Chinese New Year February 7, 2008



Not only is it a day of celebration from the land where our daughter is from, but...

We Have Puppies!!!

Our sweet little puppy (again I must remember she is not a puppy, after all she is 3.5 yrs.) gave birth this morning to 5 incredibly healthy thriving puppies; 3 girls and 2 boys. 2 white w/ champagne coloring, 2 white with black spots, and 1 white with chocolate brown spots ~ the last one to be born. If you remember from my previous post, we were told to expect 4 puppies! Man were we ever blessed today.

You see, about a year and a half ago, we made the decision to proceed with breeding our little dog for the purpose of using the proceeds from her litter(s) to help fund expenses for our adoption. We had two (very disappointing) attempts at breeding her in the past 1.5 years and this last time (Dec 2007), I was skeptical that it actually "took". A few weeks ago when we began noticing symptoms, I wouldn't believe it cause I didn't want to be disappointed again. When we finally got the word from her vet that indeed puppies were coming, we were elated. This morning after the 4th puppy was born, Maisy still showed signs of contractions and labor. I had left to go into the kitchen for some tea only to have my oldest come and say "Um Mom, you might want to come into the bedroom, there's another puppy being born." Shock - utter shock. God blessed us with 1 unexpected puppy offering us more for our adoption fund. AND...when I realized that they were born today, 2/7/2008 on Chinese New Year, I cried. All the pieces are connected to beautifully.

Without further delay, I give you the puppies:



7 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations...Grandma?

Katie enjoyed looking at your puppies. She counted the babies and said and waved goodbye when she hopped off my lap.

cougchick said...

They are so cute. Nothing like puppies!

How perfect that they came on CNY. That is NO coincidence.

Elise said...

How wonderful to have them born on CNY....and to have a little extra surprise too! They are soooo cute!

Dalyn said...

I totally want one!
I live in Washington too...I'll trade ya a goat or an old pony *U*

Ruth and Brian said...

WOW, trade puppy for goat or old pony, hmmm...I don't really think the city I live in would appreciate me having either in my tiny backyard. But good idea!

k1 said...

Congratulations! What a neat new year's kick off!

Michelle said...

That is amazing! We had something like this happen when we were saving our money for adoption. Our cat had 7, her biggest litter ever of perfect siamese kittens! They weren't purebread, but because they looked it, we were able to sell them, not for a lot, but it helped!

You need to read my latest post about dogs!

Congratulations on the puppies, they are precious!