Monday, March 03, 2008

My...Oh...My!!! 977 days

Congratulations to those families receiving their referrals.

Word is that matches have arrived and calls are being made for families who have been logged in from 12/28/2005 through 1/4/2006.

Oh My Gosh! That means they are finally matching into OUR month.
Shock and awe is the best way to describe the feeling at this point. It was beginning to feel like it was never going to happen. I really didn't expect them to match into Jan '06 until April - and yet...surprise, surprise, surprise. That means only 23 log in dates ahead of ours - Yahoo! So what does that mean now!
Well, if they continue to match 8 days each month here is what it would look like:
April 2008 = 1/5/06-1/12/06
May 2008 = 1/13/06-1/20/06
June 2008 = 1/21/06=1/28/06 ***This would be ours!!!


AND...Can you believe it's taken the CCAA 977 days (that's 2.67 years or 33 months) to match families who have been logged in just during the year 2005! My heart goes out to ALL of us who have endured this incredibly long wait.
I know it's "good things come to those that wait" but I think it's more fitting to say "Amazing things come to those that wait"!

7 comments:

Elise said...

A lot of days but you are so close now!!!! This is going to be an exciting spring!!!!

Michelle said...

Whoo hoo! Let's pray the 8 days or more a month continues. June is not that far away. Yeah!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

We are counting on June to be the BIG month for us! This is way too cool! I will never be completely ready so still plenty of time to panic!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Truly Blessed said...

Two and a half years to get through 2005 -- that is unbelievable. I am SO glad to see 2006 dates getting their referrals.

I sure hope, for your sake, that the CCAA continues to match at least 8 days at a time.

Hope you're enjoying the last of your winter -- come on Spring!

k1 said...

I'm still chanting, "MAY OR JUNE OR SOONER!!!"

Am home. Am thinking of taking Wednesday off. Have something to do up in Everett from 10-11. Would be free to meet after that if you are. Otherwise, email me with some possible days/times.

See Ya!

Dawn said...

OOH it's getting so close!! Hoping it is sooner than you think!!

Kim R. said...

Cool, I like comments too. I'm so glad I didn't know it was going to take that long to get through 2005.

I'm really hoping for June as well, but I think it'll probably be July.

We'll see. At this point it's starting to seem unreal, it's so close!