Sunday, September 07, 2008

Today was a special day!!!

Today I had the pleasure of being surrounded by some very incredibly special women who hold a special place in my heart!

Today I received so much love from these women.

Today I was prayed for in such an honoring way by these special women.

Today was my baby shower for Abigail!!!

To each and everyone of you, my heart was touched so deeply by your generosity, compassion, love and prayers. I cannot even begin to gather the words to express my deepest gratitude.


Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Just to give you a few details of today's events:

Ever wonder what a 30 month pregnant woman looks like???
Wonder no more. Yes that's really me, with Grandma's
..........in costume of course, but I couldn't resist.

36 women (yes 36 can you believe it)

Beautiful sunny day

Fabulous hosting

Chinese take out theme


Amazing chinese food (salads, lettuce wraps, egg rolls, fried rice)

Presents galore (I truly felt so spoiled)

Cake!!!
Can I just take a moment here and describe to you how incredible it was. A dear friend made this cake from scratch, and the decorations alone, on top, took her a week to complete. All of the cherry blossoms are hand made edible candy as well as the oriental lettering, branches and the little ladybugs that adorned the flowers. Talk about priceless ~ truly a work of art...and for ME!!! I have included a picture for your viewing pleasure but it really was better appreciated in person.
I have the most amazing friends who really know how to put on a party.
I love you all!!!

9 comments:

Elise said...

It was the best day!!! Thank you again for letting Hailey, Kyla and I share in your joy! It was the most perfect celebration for God's most perfect plan for your family!

Abigail here they come!!!

Truly Blessed said...

Wonderful! I am sorry I wasn't able to help you celebrate your special shower, but know that I thought about you many times yesterday.

And you forgot to mention that today is your 19th Wedding Anniversary! Congratulations on the first 19 -- here's a wish and a prayer for many, many more.

So excited that you're getting on a plane in just a few days to meet sweet Abigail. I just cannot wait!

k1 said...

I was so honored to be invited to share the day with you. It was a very good time. That cake was a true work of art!

Abigail is going to be one stylin' little girl with her choice of 'rides'!

deb said...

I so wish that I could have been there. I thought of you often yesterday. Have an amazing trip with your soon-to-be "whole" family. Love you!
deb

Elise said...

Happy anniversary to you too!!! What a special week! I posted a slide show of the shower on my blog too! I can't stop thinking about it! It was just amazing!

Elise said...

Weird...my two posts are exactly 12 hours apart;)

Tammie said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary.....

Loved yeterday it was such a blessing to be there and be apart of this.

Congrats.

T n' W said...

Isn't it just amazing!! The love felt during this process has been overwhelming for me too. We're two blessed girls! I love the cake.
See ya in a couple of days!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

What an absolutely gorgeous cake! I am so glad that you had a wonderful shower before leaving for China.