Wednesday, September 03, 2008

China or Bust!

We have travel dates! I can hardly believe it.
We received the news this morning that we have a Consulate Appointment on September 25th - just 2 days after Abigail turns 1 years old. We are so excited and overwhelmed at the same time, it's as though our heads are spinning!


We leave next week, (September 11th I think, still waiting for confirmation) - just 6 short days and a few short hours from now. Good thing I've been busy packing these past couple of days.

More details to follow once we have itineraries.

If you want to follow along our journey while in China, come visit us at 6000 Miles to Abigail

6 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

Packing? I should be packing??? Oh my gosh.... can you believe our travel dates? We are so excited! See you in China!

Alyson

Truly Blessed said...

AMAZING!!!!

I can't believe how fast your CA came!

I am so, so, so happy for your family. So what if your boys miss a couple of weeks of the first part of school -- your teachers can (should, and will, if you ask them) give them homework to work on and journals to write etc. while you're gone). But I'm a HUGE proponent of the "life experience" aspect of travel -- and you can't take a test on that.

Glad for you that you have already begun your packing preparations. I have your new blog bookmarked and ready to check each and every day you're gone.

How fun that you're going to be able to meet up with Alyson & Ford & Lizzy in China. Way too cool!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you as this has been my dream for so long. God Bless, Melissa

k1 said...

I am So So SO Happy for you!!!

Can't wait to see you Sunday at the shower!

Maybe this speed up in referrals (only 22 days from the last batch) and this unheard of quick TA is a sign that the hoped for speed up in the CCAA is going to come about!

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in the next week!! :)Krissy

k1 said...

You crack me up!

I don't think you were quoted the correct price to begin with. I think the agent missed or disregarded the 1 in front of the 8.

My ticket in 2006 from Seattle to Beijing, with return from Guangzhou to Seattle, cost $810.

My ticket in June 2008 was $1462. The $1800+ you had to pay is more in line realisticaly with the rising prices. Unfortunately.

At least you are going though!!!!!