Saturday, August 30, 2008

Travel Approval

Yes, it's true. Our agency confirmed with us yesterday that we have received Travel Approval. Technically, what that means is that China has given us the green light to enter the country to get our baby.



Now, we wait (yet again, more waiting) for a confirmed Consulate Appointment from the Embassy in Guangzhou. Once we receive news of that appointment we can begin to make travel plans for our trip to China.


Some of you have asked about a post that I left the other day, which I chose to take down for personal reasons. I have lamented over and over about whether or not to re-post or just ignore it completely.

We did receive translated documents early last week that gave us information about when/where Abigail's life began.



She was a tiny baby when she was born (6 pounds 3 ounces) which is really an answer to a pray I've prayed since the moment we Logged in. All of my boys were fairly large babies and I asked the Lord if he would give me a "tiny" little girl. He heard my hearts cry!

Even though she suffered abandonment, she was loved by her mother (& father) enough to be left at the entrance to an electronics store. When I think about all of the possibilities of where and how she could have been left ~ well, I just feel blessed that she was found!

So, considering my life these days is restricted to deep cleaning the house and packing for China, I'll be taking a little hiatus from blogging. I will let y'all know when we are scheduled to take off, but for now I need to keep myself focused (as I often get side-tracked) on the task ahead of us!

Blessings.

4 comments:

k1 said...

Wow! now I see why you need to borrow my suitcases!

cougchick said...

I am so excited for your journey. Can't wait to see the Gotcha photos!!!!!

Truly Blessed said...

Wonderful news -- that was so quick!!!!

I hope you're able to leave SOON!!

Elise said...

So exciting, can't wait to hear the dates:)