Thursday, August 14, 2008

Words cannot begin to express...

First, I want to say a special thank you to each and everyone of you who have left comments for us over these past few days. Your well wishes and Congratulations have truly made this whole experience so much more meaningful for us. I have been personally blessed by your words.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so very much.

As many of you know we are currently on vacation (a much needed one I must say). Some very dear family friends allow us to use their beach cottage and for the past four years I will say it IS what we look forward to every summer. Well, my first summer here, hubby was on a missions trip to Mexico with his youth group and I went ahead alone with the boys and during our week stay I met a very sweet woman, Katie (and her two children) who lives up the hill and she comes down to the beach to swim in the ocean twice a day - everyday no matter winter, fall, spring, summer. I totally admire her commitment to this. Anyways, each year we have warmly greeted one another during our stay. This year was no different. This morning while I was having breakfast on the front deck, enjoying the beautiful sea before me, Katie was finished with her morning swim and while passing by stopped for a quick conversation.

ME: Good morning, how are you today?

Katie: Very well thank you. Boy your boys are sure getting bigger, how old are they now?

ME: #1 is 16 yrs, #2 is 14.5 yrs, #3 is almost 12 ...AND (of course I had Abigail's 3 photos with me as I was admiring her during breakfast) here is a picture of our baby girl who we were just referred from China.

Katie: Oh my goodness, isn't she beautiful. {now the tears begin to roll down her cheeks and she proceeds to tell me how much she admires me for saving this little girl and giving her life and how if she was a baby she'd want me to save her...and on and on about how touched she was by our decision to adopt a baby and offer her a family}

I began to thank her for her very sweet, kind words and let her know how much we already love her and don't even know her, and ...I think you get the picture.

About a hour goes by and I am down on the beach sitting on a log watching #2 attempt to walk out as far as he could go in hip boots (all the while going too far and having water pour into said boots) and I hear a car drive up. Katie gets out of the car and calls for me. I let her know that I was down on the beach. She approached me with a piece of paper in her hand, tears streaming down her face and she says to me "I know this isn't much, but I am so touched by what you are doing adopting Abigail, you are such a beautiful person for doing it and I want you to have this." Of which she hands me a check for $100!

OH MY WORD! Can you say HUGE blessing to my soul. I was speechless. After she'd gone and I had a chance to think about it all, I sat before the Lord and thanked Him for His continued provision for us during this process. God is SO Good!!!

15 comments:

T n' W said...

Amen and Amen! He is so good to us. Sometimes I wonder how He even puts up with me, much less all these blessings He has given me. Thanks for sharing that.

Btw, we're in grp 1409.

k1 said...

What a blessing. God must really want the boys to go with on this trip... you sold all the puppies and you got this unexpected check. And, you've had two additional years to save up for it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Webbs! We all crowded around the computer to see the pictures, and the kids are excited to meet her. They said, "Now she will have a great family!" and.."The Webbs have never had a girl before. " I thought that was cute.
We are SO thankful with you that she will know many stories of redemption, starting now....

From your friends up the hill,
The Jones 6

Dan and Karen said...

That is soooo awesome! The Lord does supply just when you need it most. I'm so glad that you have been blessed!

Looks like your Abigail and my Danika like the same clothes, I do believe they are both wearing the same outfit in their referral photos. It just made me smile to see your photos too. I hope our girls are friends and we can meet sometime!
Karen

Truly Blessed said...

Wonderful. Isn't it amazing what God has in store for you?

Can't wait to hear about the NEXT blessing you're going to receive.

Valerie said...

Congratulations, now the wait truly gets hard, because you know her sweet face. What a blessing for your family.

Safe journey to your sweet girl.

Christi and Abbey said...

Wonderful! so happy for you and your lovely girl

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your precious one. May Abigail grow to know how rich is the love of Jesus.

Donna said...

Ruth, Abigail is beyond beautiful, congrats to your family. I found your blog through someone elses and just wanted to add my congratulations! We came home with our daughter this past February, a waiting child. She's such a blessing!
Donna
www.handsful.com

Truly Blessed said...

Ruth,

Sorry, I can't find your email address anywhere!

About the care package, this is what I'd send: a disposable camera (or two) with a letter asking them to take pictures of Abigail AND her little friends, the nannies and the SWI, a photo album of you, DH & the boys and maybe a blanket and little toy for her (you may not get it back). Maybe some candies or nuts for the nannies too.

My thought on sending an outfit -- I didn't do it with either girl, as I wanted the outfit to be something that came from the SWI, which I thought would be more of a keepsake than something I picked out.

We got back everything we sent, but nothing had been used for either girl (actually, we got back a different bear than we sent for Ella, but they at least knew we sent a bear and gave us a different one).

I'm so excited for you. I hope you're able to travel soon!

Elise said...

God is so good! I was just at a graduation/good bye party at the Amsberry's and Abigail and China adoption was the major topic of discussion! The town is a buzz of her cuteness and your blessing!

Elise said...

Yes, Kyla is going so I will be at the church at 1pm to see her off. I am taking my last final this morning...yipee...and then I will meet her at the church.

Would one evening next week work? We are gone on Labor Day weekend but anytime after camp would work for us. Of course Karen can come....can't wait to celebrate with you, and for the husbands to meet too!

Elise said...

Oh and yes it was the Price family:)

cougchick said...

that is fantastic! What a wonderful reminder of the good in people.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ruth and Brian,

We are celebrating w you from Singapore! We showed the kids Abigail's photo and they are excited to have a new cousin from Asia!

Keep us posted on your flights and travel plans.

We love you guys!