Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So what does the face of the earth look like if you've fallen off???

I am still here - sort of. I've just been buried with mounds and mounds of travel paperwork. And I thought the dossier prep was un-nerving. Sheesh!

So...let's see:
1.) Fill out Visa applications (for 6) ~ CHECK
2.) Write letter to Embassy requesting Visas (for 6) ~ CHECK
3.) Photocopy passports (in event they get lost in mail) ~ CHECK
4.) Send to courier service on East Coast for Visas (did I mention for 6) ~ CHECK
5.) Sign and notarize many documents ~ CHECK
6.) Take a break to stress out about all the documents ~ CHECK
7.) Talk to bank about money for travel ~ CHECK

and on and on and on.

So, I just wanted to let y'all know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth (though I'm sure I've seen what the face looks like).

Vacation photos to come...

5 comments:

k1 said...

The scary part is actually putting your passport in the mail and letting it out of your possession!!

Be glad you don't have to fly down to San Francisco to actually apply for the Visas like I did the first time. The second time, Kelly submitted mine with theirs.

Travel is getting close. Do you know your tentative dates yet?

Anonymous said...

We are overjoyed with you guys!!!! That is so crazy that it is around the same timing for what it took with Benjamin. We pray your refreshing, even in these times of still waiting. Much Love from the Hansens!

Truly Blessed said...

WOO HOOO!!!!! You're going to CHINA!

I am SO INCREDIBLY happy that you're taking the boys with you. You will NOT REGRET it, not for a second (just don't think about the cost!).

But who is the 6th in your party? I must have missed something.

You're going to China! You're going to meet Abigail! I wish I could come with you!

T n' W said...

Really?....Six! Two was enough for me. Thank goodness for Steve. He walked me through the whole application over ther phone!

I'm sooo ready to pack my bags. I hope these next few weeks fly by!

Alyson and Ford said...

Love your check list!
Did you add about faxing the travel buddy support group approval form, sending an orphanage care package and ordering the finding ad? It counts as paper work if you print 29 photos of your new daughter on all different size paper, right?
Enjoy!!

Alyson