Friday, February 06, 2009

It's Official

As if it wasn't already official enough - today we had our court appointment to officially finalize our adoption of Abigail (in WA you have to go through the process of what they call re-adopt in order to get a US birth certificate, SS card, passport, etc.).

Now, talk about being a total 'dork', guess who forgot the camera?? So, I have no photo proof of our event - ugh! Nonetheless, it was a great day. When the commissioner asked me if I understood that requesting to have Abigail as my daughter was a lifelong journey, meaning it didn't stop at age 18, and did I fully understand this ~ I began to chuckle. I don't think she read our paperwork very closely as she had the impression this was our first. I politely told her that, "Yes, I did understand it was a life long process as we too have 3 teen-age boys at home as well." She smiled, chuckled along with us and replied, "then I guess you do understand."

So, I guess we get to say good-bye to paperwork...for now!

7 comments:

Brian and Melinda said...

Speaking of forgetting the camera, On the day we took Savannah out to play in the snow for the first time, guess who forgot to check and see if the Compact Flash card was in the camera. I must have taken 20 or 30 pictures that didn't really take. Glad all your paperwork is finally over. Abigail sure is a cutie. May God continue to bless you and your family.
Brian & Melinda

deb said...

Wonderful! So happy for you all!
deb

Elise said...

Congrats!!! Funny what the judge said...we do understand don't we;)

LauraM said...

Congratulations! Yahoo!

ww said...

Congratulations!

Alyson and Ford said...

Congratulations!!! And what a bummer to have to go through so much again considering all we've already done.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! No more paperwork!
peace
fm

Tammie said...

yeah feb 6th was such an awesome day.
congrats again on your daughter