Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Ha..Ha..Ha...Choo Birthday?

Can I just say that when Mom is sick, the whole house suffers! No, really...it's true. My husband will even admit it.

I managed to some how get the "infamous" flu ~ the kind you get the flu shot for, of which I am certain now that I must have forgotten to check that off my list. I can honestly say that I am making my way to a full recovery, even if it took me a week lying in bed doing absolutely nothing!

And the worst part of it all...I managed to miss my son's 13th birthday on Monday. Not the "I forgot about it" missed it, but found myself in bed nursing the body aches and managing to whisper a simple "happy birthday" to him in passing.

So...that favorite meal/cake he asked me to make will have to be postponed for next week, along with the party, balloons and presents.

This post is for you Mr. T in celebration of entering the teen-hood.

6 comments:

k1 said...

I GOT the flu shot prior to going to China in November, and I STILL managed to catch a minor version of the crud. I went to work yesterday (dumb move) and had to stay home today. I HAVE to go to work tomorrow and Friday because Saturday I leave the country again (Central America) and I have too much stuff to do to stay home again.

I feel for you! Hope you feel better soon!

Ruth and Brian said...

Oh K1,
I am so sorry to hear you've been under the weather too. I was acutally betwixed and between as to whether to get the flu shot as there is lots of pros/cons to it. I guess I figured, first I wouldn't get it, and second if I did, I would have a better immunity to it.

How fun for you to be travelling - though I will miss your posts as it brightens my day to know someone is 'visiting'. I do enjoy 'chatting' back and forth. Would you consider an email exchange??

k1 said...

Sure, it's just-k1@prodigy.net.

Hope you are feeling better.

redmaryjanes said...

What an adorable blog!! I just love it!
Sorry about missing your boys birthday.
We have just recovered from the flu also. It's a tough year.

k1 said...

I like the new look of the blog.

Got back from Honduras late Sunday night. Wanted to bring a few of the children from the dump home with me!

Ruth and Brian said...

Hey K1~ you're back. I tried to email you but it got kicked back to me as undeliverable. Maybe you could send a test one from you to me at ruth@thinkfluidly.com.

I will say I missed your comments. Can only imagine what it must have been like to see all those children and leave them behind. My heart goes out to you!