Monday, July 02, 2007

Ahhh, a summer evening sleep-over

I can't think of anything better than having a sleep-over withyour brother & a friend outside in your tent in the backyard after a totally sunny summer day.

I can remember during my childhood when my brothers (as I was much too young) would have sleep-overs with the neighborhood kids on our front lawn - of course nowadays, I think that might be a bit too scary. Nonetheless, it was a different time. When it was "normal" to leave on your bike for the day with a friend only to return home in time for dinner. Ahhh memories!

Here is son#2 and son#3 with friend, of course sandwiched in the middle of a 2 man tent. Sweet dreams guys!

2 comments:

Elise said...

So fun!!! Hailey did that last night at her friends house. The first time for her but I too remember spending summer nights at a much younger age in our backyard campouts....great memories indeed!

k1 said...

You guys and your kids actually use(d) tents! Wow. When we were kids we couldn't afford tents, we just slept out in the backyard!

Looks like it was fun for the boys!