Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Praying for California

Hitting a little too close to home...my thoughts and prayers are going to all those individuals who are feeling the devastation of the wildfires burning in Southern California.

My mom received a call yesterday from my brother and his wife, informing us that they were subject to mandatory evacuations (they live in San Diego) as the wildfires were too close for comfort to their home. A trail nearby their house that they used to frequent on their bikes, the homes along that trail suffered the ravaging flames of these current fires. It is my understanding that my brother is back at home now, but who knows if they are even out of the clear.


Praying for RAIN!!!

4 comments:

k1 said...

prayers for rain and for the wind to stop are heading that way.

Truly Blessed said...

Oh, how horrible. I hope your brother and SIL are okay. What horrible devastation.

We're praying for San Diego and it's citizens.

Elise said...

I just can't believe how bad it all is. I will pray hard for your family and the rest of California.

Kim R. said...

Brian & Ruth,
I hope your brother and family are safe as well as their home.

Thank goodness the Santa Ana's have died down and the humidity has gone up.
San Diego has gone through this so many times before and we are a resilient bunch! We will re-build.
Thanks for visiting my blog, best of luck to you and your family.