Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's a sad day...

Not long ago, I would have considered myself an adoption blog junkie! I would spend hours going from site to site reading all of the different adoption stories, empathizing with those who were like ours. I would also have considered myself an addict to the many adoption sites one can go to, to find out any "new, recent, current" news about when the next set of matches were coming and what dates were going to be referred. Sadly though, I found myself disappointed day after day, moping around the house, literally unable to function on occasion. You can only imagine how thrilled hubby was when all of this occurred ~ NOT! I had to give it up. I knew I needed it so badly, yet I was going to have to find a way to live without it! I Had To Detox.

First there were the cold sweats ~ without any warning whatsoever. Then there were the headaches, lightheadedness, mental clouding & mood swings ~ and no I'm not talking about PMS. Just when I thought it was safe to go back to the computer, the swelling of hands, lips, face, eyes, throat ~ ever seen "Hitch", need I say more! It became clear to me I couldn't do this alone. I needed help ~ someone who could be there when I just needed a little information. Someone who would be honest and be willing to give me the hard news, even if it was disappointing. I called on the CCAA. They were trustworthy, loyal, there day or night. I didn't need to look elsewhere, they had all the information I needed.

UNTIL NOW!!!

It's official. They have now taken themselves out of the equation and this is what you will find upon visiting their site for the latest updated information on what LID they've matched through and who they've reviewed through.

"The information included in the Documents Processing has moved to the CCAA Work System. Adoptive families who would like to get the information, please check through your adoption agency."

What is this world coming to, I ask you that? Well, I refuse to go back to my old habits of computer usage. Instead I am going to have to rely on my blogging friends/community to get me through this most difficult time.

5 comments:

cougchick said...

Oh Ruth. My heart aches for you. I will keep you in my prayers that you can remain strong and steadfast on this journey of the unknown.
Hugs,
LeeAnne

k1 said...

Love the new look to your blog.

This whole slowdown at CCAA has been on my prayer request list since I started the list! How I wish it would speed up for you all.

Michelle said...

You will make it! Just trust it is all in the right timing. Praying things get easier soon.

Alyson and Ford said...

We are praying that the orphans in China find good homes, just wish it would mean speeding up the IA process too. Thanks for your post!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Truly Blessed said...

We're all feeling the pain of this horrible wait. Even those of us who are not in line feel the pain.

You're not alone.