Thursday, January 24, 2008

Only 149 days to go until Summer!!!

Well...I thought it was time for a blog re-do!

Actually, to be perfectly honest, this time of year is extremely difficult for me! I am a California native, however I have actually lived in WA more years than I have spent in CA, yet each year I suffer more and more from the lack of sunny warm weather. I am constantly battling loss of energy and that sheer desire to "get up and get things moving", which of course is not good for homeschooling.
I suppose some would/could say the "D" word (depression) though not enough to warrant medical treatment, just a long 'winter hibernation nap' might be the best treatment! I could wake up to this...

Or maybe I should spend some time in a tanning booth.?

I love the sun!!! I love the brightness it brings and the warmth on my skin. Along with the sun, I love it warm!!! I NEED the warm so much. But, I married a WA native who really loves it here.

What goes better with the sun and warmth than a beautiful beach, one of my favorite places where I like to spend time.

So, for a brief moment, close your eyes, smell the salty sea air and enjoy this virtual paradise.

5 comments:

k1 said...

Sunscreen, extra large beach towel, froo froo drink with the little umbrella, radio/CDD player, good book, and good company.... sign me up!

Truly Blessed said...

Wow. LOVE the look of your blog.

How did you learn to do this?

Could you teach a Dummie like me to do it?
I'm SERIOUSLY helpless when it comes to computers...

k1 said...

Wow, it has changed TWICE today.
Yes, I can see the background underlay, as well as the overlay.

I'm with TB.. can you teach a dummie like me?

Elise said...

I can see everything and it looks fabulous!

Totally can relate to the winter blahs....I didn't want to leave the warmth of Cabo but like you, my husband loves the Northwest, drear and all.

k1 said...

Laptop is on it's way (the screen died on my old Sony and it only works when attached to the plasma TV. Not too portable that way!) Ordered it last week and it should be here soon. I will take you up on that meet!