Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We're having babies!!!

Did I get your attention???


Well, it's true. We are having babies. 4 to be exact. Only 10 days more to go (give or take a few) until the only other female presence in the house gives birth.

I imagine you've probably already guessed that it's not me, but our sweet puppy (well dog really) Maisy is pregnant and looking pretty plump about now.

She's 3/4 Havanese, 1/4 Bichon and the male we bred her with is 1/2 Havanese, 1/2 Shitzu, so I am imagining these puppies are going to be pretty darn cute (if I must say).

When we got Maisy, she was only 2 lbs and fit into the middle of my son's baseball mitt.

Here she is just about a week after we first got her (9 weeks old)


This is her at about 1.5 years old.

So, if I/We can't have the excitement of a referral for our baby girl, I/We can at least have the excitement of brand new baby puppies!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

She is sooo adorable. I can't wait to see pictures of the little puppies. Last year, when we had to turn down our first referral, and didn't think we'd be getting another, I had to go out and get a puppy, so I know exactly how you feel.

Michelle

k1 said...

Adorable. I'm trying to talk my coworker into taking a puppy, but he isn't very receptive to the idea.

The only thing that shows up in your header is the outline of the title. If there is supposed to be a photo or graphic, it isn't there.

k1 said...

Okay, disregard the part about the graphic not showing up. When I went back to the original post, everything showed up.

Elise said...

Too fun!!! So funny because I just held a little Havanese puppy today at church. Do you know the Moore family (Brad, community care pastor)? They brought one in that they got for grampa. They breed their's too. Can't wait to see the puppy pics!!!

Tomorrow is officially February, do you want to meet for coffee soon?

Elise said...

Looks like you guys are just about 1 months worth of referral days left!!!! If they stay about 7 days worth each batch that means a referral in 4 months. Perfect for a summer trip to China?

That will be so awesome!!!!

k1 said...

IF you get your referral in May and travel in June, then just MAYBE you'll be traveling the same time as Truly Blessed! Maybe. If that happens, I hope your baby is from the same province so you can spend the whole time together!