Thursday, December 04, 2008

Making up for lost time

So, as the title states, I am making up for lost time and have posted several below this one so keep reading.

I have been racking my brain over the past couple of days trying to come up with a really creative post to sum up how "life" has been this past week and well...Blank! Life has been just that, LIFE!

Oh I know, maybe if I put it in a poem or a song or even a list. Yeah, that's the ticket. Okay here goes:

1. Let's see, I should move my bed/dresser into the kitchen since that is where I spend all my time

2. Baby girl gets faster and faster at walking

3. Clean Chiropractors office with baby girl in tow (quite the challenge)

4. Spent the afternoon downtown at the Courthouse working on adoption paperwork for Abigail (did I mention that we had baby girl with us - try keeping all your paperwork straight with little touchy fingers)

5. Get phone call from youth pastor that youngest son jumped off 8 foot cabinet and hurt his foot

6. Pick up youngest son and take him to ER for x-ray

7. Good news - no broken bones, however the Dr. was very concerned with the amount of swelling with no brake. Need crutches cause he cannot put any weight on foot. Said if it does not improve by weekend come back for re-evaluation.

8. Youngest son wakes up next morning (well actually 9 hours later since we got home at midnight from ER) with stomach flu

9. Clean up buckets of vomit since youngest son cannot hobble to bathroom quick enough

10. Sanitize everything in sight

11. Costco run

12. Laundry - lots of it

So...now I will leave you with some happy thoughts

She does not officially "love" to do the dishes, but she does "love" the dishwasher. She loves to climb on it, lick the door, pull out the silverware, dishes, etc out of the rack.


Have I told you that the boys think she'd make a great Ninja?


Peek - a - boo, I see you!



Here is my cheesy grin. We have been working on the word "Smile" and trying to associate it with showing our teeth so that when we pick up the camera and say "Smile" she'll give us some sort of cute grin.


Sadly when we pull the camera out to take photos, here is what we get. I did say we were 'working' on smiling we just have not mastered it yet.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

With or without a smile she's still pretty darn cute :)

LauraM said...

She makes one cute ninja.

k1 said...

Well, you certainly aren't living a dull life!!

ww said...

Hope your son is all well now. Love Abigail's smile!

Truly Blessed said...

Oh, so sorry about the craziness of your week. Sure hope Noah's foot is better soon (and thump that kid one for me -- what was he doing jumping off something 8 feet high?).

April said...

She is so darling. I have a dishwasher lover my self. Every time I try to load or unload we spend the whole time in a power play over not licking, sitting, pulling dishes out etc.

I hope next week is full of daises (or whatever your favorite flower is) and that the next time Abigail sees the camera it is a big smile. :-)