Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Another Year and Another Country


Yesterday one of my babies turned 16! Wow, I can hardly believe time has gone by so fast. To my dear sweet 'PD', I am so incredibly proud of what an incredible fine young man you are becoming. I look forward to the many years to come!

And if turning 16 wasn't enough, this morning at 4:15am we headed to the airport to put PD on a plane for Nicaragua for his first missions trip. I am so excited for him and his team (17 of them) for this amazing journey that they have chosen to take. God Bless you all and our prayers are with you! We'll see you in a few weeks.

4 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I will pray for your son and his mission trip team. How wonderful that he is able to go to Nicaragua. So, here we are, two Moms with new 16 year old sons. It's unbelievable to me, but I'm doing ok with it...hope you are too : )

Special K said...

I will pray for your son's mission trip. Praying that your LID will be matched with the next batch. So close and yet so far.

Elise said...

Happy birthday to your baby boy;) I know he is going to have the most amazing experience in Nicaragua. The girls want to go back again this year....life changing experience. I will be praying that he has a safe and healthy trip and that God teaches him many things during his time on this mission!

T n' W said...

What a life changing experience this will be for him. I think it is just wonderful to see youth involved with missions. We will keep them in our prayers.
And maybe, just maybe, when he gets home he'll see a picture of his new baby sister!