Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nicaragua Update

Well, today is traveling day for the team. However we didn't make it to traveling day without a cost. Yesterday morning 5 more team members came down ill, apparently it didn't have anything to do with the water but rather a virus that was in the air and had/has plagued many of the locals as well as the group that was before our team. UGH! I have been on my knees tons praying for these guys. And God is so incredibly amazing. The team woke this morning and all (yes I said ALL) of them headed to church services. There were a few that were very weak but Praise God they are unified as a team today, on the Lord's day.

(Cathedral in Grenada, Nicaragua)
They are traveling about 60-80 miles south of Managua to arrive at their next destination, Arms of Love Children's Home in Jinotepe, Nicaragua. But...along the way they were scheduled to stop in Grenada (which has been equated to a mini Italy, according to team members who went on the 2006 trip) which is a coastal town with tons of history. It is the oldest city in America, founded in 1524.

(Cathedral in Jinotepe, {prounounced hinotepay} Nicaragua )


I will say it has been difficult not being able to communicate personally with PD! I long to speak to him and find out how he's doing, how his heart is weathering all that God has placed before him. I've heard snippets of some of the activities they've been doing and want to know so much more. Yesterday he had the honor of sharing his testimony to 40+ local Nicaraguan teens in the town where 2/3rds of the team put on a "youth group" for them and I heard he did amazing. Boy, I would like to have a recording of that. I couldn't be more proud of him.

PD~I love you more than life itself. I am so excited you chose to follow this journey that God placed before you. I pray you hear, see, feel all that God has for you.

5 comments:

k1 said...

Okay, I have to ask: What is the stolen image????

Ruth and Brian said...

K1,
They are both images from Grenada, Nicaragua - the first one is an old cathedral and the second an arial view from the hills - literally I googled Grenada images and these are two I found. Why, am I in trouble??

k1 said...

The top photo of the cathedral is there. The second image is just a bright orange box that reads: "This image and text is STOLEN from the List Uiverse. Check out the List Universe for a huge collection of hilarious top 10 lists. http://listverse.com


There is no photo.

Ruth and Brian said...

K1
Ooopsss. Can I just say it is a beautiful picture. I will replace it. Thanks for the heads up.

k1 said...

Okay, there are now TWO beautiful old churchs showing!

I had to laugh at the thought of you 'stealing' ANYTHING. Like that will EVER happen. Nope. No way.