Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, this about sums up how I am doing today!!! PD made it home last night successfully from Nicaragua and can I just say how good it is to have him home. So...how was the trip???

First, flushing toilet paper down the toilet is a luxury he had to do without for 2 weeks.
Second, taking a hot shower...he almost forgot what that felt like as they only had cold, colder, coldest options.
Third, jellyfish stings aren't really that bad, right?
Lastly, sleeping in your own bed - ahhh priceless! (oh believe me there is so much more, but you can only get so much out of a 16 year old young man at 11:30pm).

Until later...

3 comments:

k1 said...

I feel spoiled.... at least where we were in Honduras we had hot showers..... usually! Couldn't flush the toilet paper there either. But at least there were Western toilets! Outside of the hotels in China, most other potties are the squat type.... you squat over a hole in the floor.

I'm glad he made it back safely. I'm glad he had the experience. I'm glad he learned about the excesses he has compared to so many others in the world.

I'm glad your referral is coming soon!

T n' W said...

Glad he made it home safe and sound! I'm sure he'll be filling your ears full after a good night's sleep.

Alyson and Ford said...

Glad to hear he is home safe!! I am sure you gave him a huge bear hug!

How are you holding up with the rumors about to fly for the next batch?
Alyson LID 01/27/06