Friday, July 11, 2008

Pedicures and Fortunes

About two weeks ago, when the consensus was that we 'might' get our referral in July I made a pedicure appointment for this morning in hopes of it being a time of total complete Celebration!!! I explained it to my hubby that 'if' we got our referral in July it would be a "Woohoo I am so excited" pedicure and if we failed to be matched it would then be a "sympathy - pick me up" pedicure.

I'll let you guess which one it was.


So, with PD gone to Nicaragua, the rest of the family headed out for dinner tonight for Chinese and this was the fortune I received in my cookie


I'm not one to put a whole lot of weight into fortunes from cookies, but we will see what kind of truth this one may hold.

***update on Nicaragua ~ we received word that our youth pastor has taken ill with an intestinal infection with what they think had to do with the water. Apparently yesterday they worked with a lot of dirt and when they washed their hands afterward, they suspect he didn't have his hands completely dry before touching face/mouth. He was up all night sick with fever and other yuk I won't mention. Prayers are needed for BJ as he's had to miss one of the biggest high-lights of the trip today. Also prayer for the rest of the team to remain strong and healthy. The rest of them are having a great time and doing very well.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

The day we were DTC, we went out for Chinese, and my fortune said "Good news will come from afar" I had this feeling our daughter had been born, and she had, 4 months earlier! That is a great fortune, and I am sure it will come true next month! Fall was a wonderful time to travel to China, we loved it!!!

redmaryjanes said...

I will pray for your son and his group. I think it is just an amazing opportunity for them.

redmaryjanes said...

Oh, and I'm hoping a referral is on the way! Your toes look great!

k1 said...

You WILL get your referral next.
you will you will you will.

Pretty toes!

Truly Blessed said...

LOVE your toes!

I'm so proud of PD for taking part in this mission trip. I'll say a quick prayer that his leader is back to feeling human again soon.

Abigail is closer than you think!