Thursday, December 27, 2007

23 Months and still counting...

I literally have spent most of the day trying to come up with something truly unique to post for our 23rd month LID anniversary and honestly I've come up with... blank!

I tried to write the 23 months of Log in - to the tune of 12 days of Christmas - and only made it to month 10 with complete writers block. Then I thought I'd write something along the lines of "Twas the night before Christmas" only "Twas the 23rd month logged in & all through our house," but that's as far as I got with that one. I even tried to come up with an acronym for
TWENTY-THIRD MONTH
and there's only so many things you can come up with for the letter T.

So...without further delay, the best I could come up with is ~
Yes, we are still waiting for our daughter from China.
Yes, we are still excited about it even though the initial giddiness has worn off.
Yes, we still wait expectantly each month for word about the next matches of referrals. And YES, we would do it all over again, even if we had to wait 23 months!

Happy 23 months to us!!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Well congratulations...I am anxiously waiting with you for your referral...you really are close!! Did I tell you we adopted with CCAI also? It will be so exciting to see your little girls face in the new Year.

k1 said...

I think this was the perfect 23rd month post

k1 said...

K4's absence from Christmas was due to mental illness, not physical illness.

One day I may do a post on the difficulties of having a loved one with mental problems that REFUSES to either acknowledge the problem(s) or get treatment.

It negatively impacts the lives of everyone close to them, especially children.

Ruth and Brian said...

K1, I am so sorry to hear about K4's situation. And indeed it usually is the children who suffer. What an awesome aunt you are(were) to respond to your nephews request though -even if you didn't get to see them (or did you??Can't remember if you said or not).

k1 said...

None of us were able to see them, snd when she and I spoke, she said she had not told them that I called and did not know that she would tell them... either that I called or came to town.

I did do that post.

Alyson and Ford said...

Thank you for stopping by...
We too are past the giddiness stage(for goodness sake, I was in my 40's when we started the adoption process... 50 is looming BIG right now!!). Can one be giddy and 50?
Happy LID Anniversary!! We are right there with you.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06