Sunday, December 09, 2007

Wedding gown, Candles, Pictures, Bouquets...

I was at church one sunny August afternoon talking with the bride-to-be about her wedding and she found herself teary-eyed and quite frustrated as they'd chosen to move their "planned wedding" from June '08 to December '07 ~ and she had no idea what to do, nor where to start planning this monumental life event just 4 shorts months away.
My heart went out to her and I told her that I would love to help her coordinate her wedding to make it as spectacular as possible. You must know, I am no wedding coordinator, however I have gone through my own wedding as well as attending many in my lifetime.

Well spectacular it was I must say! Saturday, December 8, 2007 @ 2:30pm, Gloria and Edward pledged their love to one another together, forever. The ceremony went so smoothly with no goofs or hiccups, the reception flowed with food, fun, dancing and fellowship. Their exit was classic in a Stutz Blackhawk.
A humongous thank you to everyone who joined the process and pitched in to help out. There were a lot of long hours (11-13 hour days) Wednesday (having to re-paint the reception hall as the paint we used for touching up dried a shade darker and not the same original sheen), Thursday (moving all the equipment out of rooms for the event) & Friday (decorating the sanctuary and reception hall). And to think, all that work was completely cleaned up and ready for Sunday morning church today in just about an hour!

And yet, all the work was so worth it to see them glowing with happiness and joy!

And now, I think I will collapse for a day or two and enjoy what little time I have left to be 39 (26 hours to be exact)!

1 comments:

Elise said...

Sounds wonderful...are those the pictures of the wedding???? Love the car!

Enjoy your last day in your 30's girlfriend...but the 40's are just fabulous!!!