Saturday, December 01, 2007

My Season of Chaos

It's time again for wrestling season in our house. #1 son began practices with the high school team well over a month ago~ 5 days a week for 2.5 hours each day. And all 3 of the boys are a part of the Greater Gold Seattle Wrestling Club every Monday and Tuesday evening as well. So, basically I have no social life to think of (come to think of it, I'm not sure I really ever had one).


So to give you just a glimpse, today was the first day of tournaments for all three boys, and to make things really interesting their tournaments were in different parts of the state.
Here is how it began:
4:50am ~ Beep, beep, beep~alarm clock. Hit snooze once since it really can't be morning already
5:00am ~Realize it is true and crawl out of bed
5:00-5:30am ~ pack coolers with breakfast, lunch & snacks for day
5:35am ~ take son #1 to school to catch bus for tournament down South 1.5 hrs from home
5:45am ~ Hubby takes sons #2 & #3 to meet Coach to carpool for tournament up North 1.5 hrs from home
7:30am ~ After shower and packed cooler, I head to #1 son's tournament down South
7:30-8:00am ~ Regulation weigh-in's for both tournaments
8:00-10:00am ~ boys eat breakfast and warm-up for competition
10:00am ~ Competition begins
5:00pm (notice how we are now in the pm hours - where did the day go?) #2 & #3 sons are done with tournament, time to head back home.
8:00pm ~ #1 son is finally done competing, now I get to go home IN THE SNOW!!! I hate driving in the snow, especially when you can only drive 10-15mph.
10:55pm~#1 son calls to say tournament is officially over and their school bus is leaving, they should be home in 1.5 hours -
Did I mention that I had to be up EARLY this morning and that I sat on bleachers in a high school gymnasium for 10 hours?!?!?!?!?!
And...here is how they did:
#2 son took 3rd place in his tournament.
#3 son took 4th place in his tournament.
#1 son lost 3 matches at his tournament

Now of course, don't get me wrong ~ I love to watch my boys wrestle. Well...really it is more like a love/hate relationship. I love to see them excel at their sport, yet it is the most gut-wrenching 4-6 minutes of a mother's life during each match. And thus, the season has begun. Between the 3 of them, we manage to have Saturday tournaments throughout the months of Dec, Jan, Feb, not to mention during the week league matches at high school's all over the place. If I get the chance to get some good pictures of them, I will post.
Until then, I will hold my eyelids open, waiting for my son to call and say he's ready to be picked up so we can all go to bed.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

0 comments: